With few options for accessories, the cuff links are a good bet for the men who want to wear time preciousness. With its message of power, they emerged in the early 17th century. The nobles wore cufflinks, when they went to parties, with the intention of showing prestige.
Usually used with French cuffs shirts – which are doubles and no buttons – they give a touch of grandeur to any suit (click here for detail). There are several different formats, less traditional and full of bossa. There’s even with monograms of superheroes for occasions that allow this kind of mood.
Types of cufflinks:
Are the most traditional and easy to find, it is a metal plate with a latch and a fixed PIN.
Has chains linking the two sides. Are comfortable and classic.
The parts are fixed and kept together by a thin, slightly curved rod. Is the model easier to use for beginners.
Are found in several colors and moorings, are intended for informal occasions.
- Traditionally made to be used with buy provigil shirts with French cuffs (or dual), that do not have buttons.
- For a more relaxed, bet on handle simple shirts with silk cuff links. In this case, a blazer is enough.
- A formal occasion, the shirt should have double handle and must be used with a suit. In this case, bet on metal cuff links.
- Indicates the use of a watch along the wrist cuff links. Remember that the metal of the cuff link should be the same, that is, if the cufflink is gold, the watch must also be of gold.
- When using a cufflink is important for it to appear, the length of the jacket or blazer must allow the piece to stay on display, or at least a part of it.
- To choose a cuff link, you should keep in mind other accessories that will wear. I like to think, in addition to the watch, tie and belt. The cuff links exist in the most varied materials and prices, but must match with the occasion and personal style.