Need to know how to measure your bust size for a sports bra? More than half of all women wear the wrong size bra, and this can lead to discomfort or even pain. Knowing the right size bra to wear is particularly important to exercise when you are active and need proper support. Here is how to measure your bust size for a sports bra.Things You need dressmaker’s tape measure mirror, unpadded bra, view more Instructions, measuring bust size for a sports bra.
- Stand in front of a mirror, wearing an unpadded bra and no shirt.
- Use the tape measure to determine the size of the breast. Make sure the band is tight – but not tightly – wound just under the arms and across her breasts. This measurement is the normal number portion of your bra size, for example, 36 “. You’ll round down to the nearest inch.
- Place the tape measure around your breasts at the fullest part of your bust and record the number, for example, 38 “. This enables you to find your cup measurement. Subtract the chest numbers from this bust number. If the difference is less than an inch, cup size AA . one inch equals a, B, two inches, three represents a C, D four inches and five inches represents DD. In our example:. 38 “-36” = 2 “, which makes the cup size B. View sports bras in pink at http://www.janesportsbras.com/best/pink-sports-bras/.
- Put the two numbers together to come up with good size, for example 36B Now, translate that into sports bra sizes. a size small sports bra fits busts of 32-34 A / B while a medium made for sizes 34-36 B / C. Coffins measure 36-38 C will have a size larger sports bra, and an XL bH will cover 38-40 C / D.
- Try on the bra of shopping in person to ensure a good fit. the sports bra should be snug but not too tight across the chest. If it’s uncomfortable tight, you need a larger sports bra.